Advice from 11th Avenue Hostel
Whenever you visit a hostel, you always have a rough idea as to what you want to do when you are in the city, but getting local advice is always the best. I asked 11th Avenue Hostel in Denver, Colorado their thoughts about what recommendations they have for us when we visit!
- Jelly Café at 13th & Pearl – this awesome local breakfast joint serves excellent food for every dietary type and it tastes delicious. We recommend their breakfast burrito, Molly Hot Brown, or any of their seasonal pancakes.
- City O’ City - a local cult classic with a seriously loyal fan base. Their waffled are the best on earth, and you will love their vibe and seasonal menu.
- Cuba Cuba Café & Bar – we almost hate sharing this beloved local gem, but the tourists need to know! Enjoy one of the best mojitos of your life here, and some of the best Cuban food in the states.
- DiFranco’s Italian – Seriously delicious and seasonal local Italian restaurant, with a decent house bottle of wine and great marinara
- Metropolis Coffee – Just a few blocks from the hostel, we love their staff and seasonal drinks!
- Blue Sparrow Coffee – in the hip RiNo neighborhood, this little shop serves some seriously good java.
- Queen City Coffee Co. – This awesome shop roasts their own beans and is all about fair trade and ethical farming. It’s located in the vibrant Baker neighborhood, just south of the hostel.
- Amethyst Coffee Co. – This socially-minded coffee shop is right across from the hostel and specializes in unique drinks by expert baristas.
Favorite Free Stuff
- The State Capitol Tour – in a normal year, tours run Monday through Friday, every hour on the hour. It’s a great way to be introduced to the state’s history, and get the best view of Denver from the gold-topped dome!
- Bike or Scoot down the Cherry Creek River – The bike trail on the Cherry Creek Trail is walkable or bikeable, and will take you all the way downtown, or to the Cherry Creek shopping center.
- Enjoy Cheesman Park – Whether you’re tossing a frisbee or taking a relaxing walk, Cheesman Park is a local oasis in the middle of the city with plenty of greenery to relax in.
Favorite Local Shops
- Plant Garage – the cutest plant store in all the land! They also sell candles, seeds, and little décor.
- MEEK Vintage – this awesome local and vintage shop with a variety of goodies perfect for gifts or little gifts of clothes to pack and take home!
- Tattered Cover Bookstore – a booklovers paradise, they have the best recommendations and the coziest local bookstores around!
- Bronzed Beauty House – a place for pampering during your Denver trip
Thank you 11th Avenue Hostel for sharing your Thoughts with our community!
If you want to learn more about 11th Avenue Hostel click here