Advice from Long Story Short Hostel
Whenever you visit a hostel, you always have a rough idea as to what you want to do when you are in the city, but getting local advice is always the best. I asked Long Story Short Hostel in Olomouc, Czech Republic their thoughts about what recommendations they have for us when we visit!
1) Saint Wenceslas Cathedral is next to Archdiocesan Museum - and both are 5 minutes walk from Long Story Short
2) Olomouc Museum of Art
3) Archbishop’s Palace - its part of the university
4) Church of Saint Mary of the Snow - opposite the museum of art
5) Chapel of St John Sarkander
6) Church of Saint Michael
7) Lower square
8) Columna de la Santisima Trinidad - its on the Upper Square
9) Town Hall with Olomouc Astronomical Clock - Upper square
10) Church of St. Morice
Olomouc Zoo - you want to add here the Saint Hill basilica - Svatý Kopeček - they are on the same route and with the Zoo visit it is a whole day trip more likely - but you can get there on a bus easy in 15 minutes from the main train station - not a massive trip but the Zoo takes a lot of time, so almost a whole day. If you were to skip the Zoo its a nice 2 hour break from the city just seeing the basilica and amazing view of the whole Olomouc city as the basilica is on a hill overlooking the city - it was a pilgrimage, hence the hill.
Litovelské Pomoraví Protected Landscape Area - whole day trip walking a lot though nature and House of Nature Litovelského Pomoravi
Nice day trip also is a Bouzov castle if you were to stay more than 2 days.
Thank you Long Story Short Hostel for sharing your Thoughts with our community!
If you want to learn more about Long Story Short Hostel click here