Advice from Modal
Whenever you visit a hostel, you always have a rough idea as to what you want to do when you are in the city, but getting local advice is always the best. I asked Modal, modern hostel in Greenville, South Carolina, their thoughts about what recommendations they have for us when we visit!
Featured Local Shops in The Village of West Greenville
- Bar Margaret – Local Bar & Restaurant
- The Village Grind – Coffee Shop
- Savereign - A Plant Shop
- Exile Bar – A Cocktail Bar
Featured Local Shops in West Greenville
- The Commons – Indoor Food Court with Methodical Coffee, Automatic Taco, and GB&D restaurant
- Hampton Station – Mill Community Area with Birds Fly South Brewing, Due South Coffee, and White Duck Taco
- Swamp Rabbit Café & Grocery
Featured Local Shops in Downtown Greenville
- Fireforge Brewery
- Swordfish Cocktail Club
- Gather – An outdoor shipping container food court
Other Tips and Locations:
- Falls Park on the Reedy & Liberty Bridge: Full of beauty, this park is nestled in the heart of Downtown Greenville and showcases historical splendor as well as natural resources.
- Paris Mountain State Park: Great for a casual hike or mountain biking adventure
- Swamp Rabbit Trail: This 20-mile strip of trail runs from Cleveland Park to Traveler’s Rest and offers a scenic route for exercise of all kinds.
- Downtown Greenville: Only an 8-minute walk from our hostel and offers over 60+ restaurants, bars, theaters, and music venues.
- Town of Traveler’s Rest: Great area for outdoor activities on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, dining, and drinking. Our favorite brunch spot is Tandem Creperie.
- The Village of West Greenville (Pendleton Street): This neighborhood and historical town center features a main street area lined with shops, restaurants, and art galleries.
Thank you Modal for sharing your Thoughts with our community!
If you want to learn more about Modal click here